Continue reading Sir Hume Campbell and Captain [Field Marshall] Rose
– on looking over theAnne Lister Travel journal, August 4. 1839 – at Bolkesjø
ProtocolPrutucul, pronounced protocol – found that the “Earl of Hillsborough” was here 29 august 1833 apparently Lord Cantelup with him – and 11 july 1833 Sir Hume Campbell and Captain Rose waited 8 hours for horses – no fault of the people here –
Forbud: Avant-courier; rides ahead to secure horses at each post house
Flatbrød or “flat-bread” is a traditional Norwegian unleavened bread which is currently usually eaten with fish, salted meats and soups.
Dravel, is likely dravle – a boiled milk based cheesey food with added egg, sugar, cream and cinnamon
Multer/multebær (cloudberries) are a cherished dessert in Norway still today. Personally I prefer the berries with a dash of double cream and a sprinkle of sugar.
Bolkesjø is a lake, village and resort in Notodden municipality in Vestfold og Telemark, Norway. It is located in Gransherad by Norwegian National Road 37. More…
Gausta or Gaustatoppen is the highest mountain in the county Vestfold og Telemark in Norway
- Earl of Hillsborough and Lord Cantelup[e]
- Sir Hume Campbell and Captain Rose (to come)
- Baron von Nicolai (to come)
- le cham. Dal Borgo di Primo Le cons. de Légation Krag (to come)
- The family at Bolkesjø (to come)